Wednesday, July 16, 2008

super-duper personal style...


i am a huge fan and #1 advocate of rockin' ur personal style, whatever it may be, whole-heartedly and with 100% conviction! wear it loud & wear it proud, let ur fashion & style voice be heard, my dears, and don't be afraid!!

i have to say, i am givin' 2 snaps up in a z formation to the chicks i chose for my image today cuz they are rockin' the heck outta their personal style and i cannot deny them the credit they deserve!! i snapped their individual pix up from numerous online blogs and sites that i regularly frequent for a dose of street style inspiration and have thrown them together here as an ode, if you will, to wearin' what feels good to your own mind & body- u go girls!!

i am always on the lookout for inspiration, but have a very clear sense of self when it comes to my personal style and it pretty much comes down to whatever the heck i'm in the mood for at any given moment!! i run the style gammut wearing everything from rockabilly, retro & pin-up inspired halter dresses with ballet flats and a printed clutch, for example, to a boho-chic maxi dress with an armfull of gold bangles and a huge hobo bag slung over my shoulder- and pretty much everything in between, depending on my mood, or the occasion, of course!! for me, style is what makes my heart race, gets my blood flowin' and fuels my desire to honor my "ideal shan" in an outwardly expression of all things fashion-fabulous!!

i believe that i tend to side with an overall eclectic mix of tattooed rocker-chic to boho-indie-chic and love regularly pushing the fashion envelope to mix all of the styles i am most passionate about. i very much admire when i can feel out this sense of individualistic expression in another woman as well, because i feel like it gives us an immediate and mostly unspoken style bond, which for me is continuously pretty darn cool!!

bottom line... fashion & style is my personal fave topic ever in the whole world and it gives me great pleasure to honor & please myself with my choice of outfits and as long as i am happy & feel good, then i have super-duper personal style!!

do it, ladies, honor YOURselves and wear whatever YOU want!! just remember to smile and strut your stuff in your fab ensembles!! ; )

XOXO
some of my fave sites & blogs serve as today's photo creds:

No comments: